Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Day 4 of the Best of my Life: Faith


Faith. Faith is the hardest part of finding Christ aside from believing that Jesus was conceived by the Holy Spirit and born of the virgin Mary. Many people struggle with that concept and I've never really understood why.

Why is it that others can believe in evolution and the big bang, but not in Jesus who died for our sins?! They believe in science, but cannot also believe in God (or a God for that matter)? Why? Why is it so hard to believe in the unseen? 

God gave us free will, and because of that, we can choose to either believe in him or not. God wants us to believe, but he does not force us to do so. The Devil wants us to fail and join him in Hell, yet if you choose to believe in God and have faith that his son Jesus was born, lived a perfect life here on Earth, and then was persecuted, crucified, and then buried and then three days later he rose again from the dead to conquer death and the Devil, you WILL BE SAVED! 

However, that is inconceivable according to others who believe that there may or may not be a God and believe in science.

Why science? Yes it explains a LOT about our universe, but why can't you also believe that God created this stunningly beautiful universe?!

I choose to believe. I have faith. 

However, that does NOT mean it is ALWAYS EASY to believe in the unseen, especially when I have those around me who question me and my strong belief in God. They ask me how I can believe in a God who lets us live in a cruel world? 

Well, God did not create sin originally! Sin came into the world AFTER he created it because Eve first sinned when she was tempted by Satan in the form of a serpent. Therefore, we now HAD to live in a world of sin until we die and either join God in Heaven or join Satan in Hell.

Despite what others may say, I DO believe in both Heaven and Hell. It's Good vs. Evil and why let Evil win? That is EXACTLY what you are doing when you deny Christ as your Savior, you are denying Good and allowing Evil to consume you.

Does that mean you are evil if you choose not to believe? Of course not, but that's the best way that I can try to explain it. God allows Evil to flourish to test us; he likes to challenge us. At the same time he is always with us, even if you push him away. You are only pushing him away in your mind, but in reality, God is still there even if you refuse to believe that he exists.

God's NOT Dead!


Through Faith we can come to Jesus. Through Faith we can find love, happiness, joy, contentment, and many more positive feelings. Without Faith, you may feel lost or like you don't know why you are here on Earth because you have this doubt, this uncertainty. 

You may be afraid of death because you are unsure what happens when you or loved ones die. You may be afraid of this world and where it seems to be heading as we hear more and more about war, famine, natural disasters, poverty, etc. 

Faith can be your ANSWER to ALL your FEARS and DOUBTS! All you have to do is just believe! Even the faith the size of a mustard seed is enough!


I know I have said this a LOT but it's PIVOTAL to why I am a Christian, but I have had a very harsh life. Been through all forms of abuse, been around drugs and alcoholism, watched my parents go through a brutal and abnormally long divorce when my dad left my mother for another woman who got him on the wrong path, lost two homes to foreclosure, one I built with my family and lived in for 10 years. 

I have seen the effects of Bipolar and Schizophrenia on multiple family members, and even me included (possibly), I have been diagnosed with PTSD from terrifying memories, and have lived through "poverty" (according to American standards). 

I have lost several family members that I was close to. I even blamed myself for my Papa's death! He died in 2004 the night before our family reunion and I never had a chance to say goodbye, but even worse, I felt sick to my stomach because I knew I was going to get my prayers answered.

I prayed that my cousins who lived in Florida would be able to come to the reunion, but I learned that they could not make it, but that was before Papa died suddenly from a massive heart attack in the 10pm hour the night before. 

I thought it was MY FAULT that he died. I got to see my cousins at the funeral, and I had a hard time looking at them and hanging out with them because I hated myself.

With all that hurt and pain, how can I NOT turn to God?! God never abandoned me. When I was hurting, I cried out to Jesus and he answered more of my prayers, and even my horrible thoughts.

One night, months after Papa died, I had a vivid dream. My Papa came to me to comfort me. He told me things that happened AFTER he died! He told me that his death my not my fault; that God called him home at the time he deemed right. He told me that he loved me and that he was proud of me and my cousins for making the honor roll again. 

He told me one day we will see each other again in Heaven. He told me he was no longer in pain or sadness and that his death was quick and painless. 

How then was that dream not sent by God? I HATED myself. I BLAMED myself. I was LOST, SCARED, and DEPRESSED up until that moment. 

After, I woke up crying and those tears were tears of sheer JOY and HAPPINESS! I NO LONGER BLAMED myself. NO LONGER HATED myself. I found COMFORT and PEACE sweep over me. I felt LOVED by God and my Papa.

To me personally, that is EXACTLY why I am a Proud Christian. That is why I believe in the unseen. That is why I believe in Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior. That is why I believe in God the Father and the Holy Spirit; the Triune God.

I will walk by Faith!


I believe because I have seen what FAITH CAN DO!

With that said, I will ALWAYS walk by Faith, and I want to ENCOURAGE you to do so as well, especially if you are skeptical about God and if he even exists. 


I have been through MANY tests, and therefore I have a STRONG testimony, hence this blog!!!

I will NEVER force my belief on ANYONE, but maybe at least consider what I have said and give Faith a try and see for yourself what faith can do?!


In all honesty, what do you have to lose if you give Faith a try? You'll not lose anything at all! Rather, you will GAIN so much more! If you don't want to take my word for it through my testimony, then that's okay. I'll still love and respect you as I hope you love and respect me.

In Jesus' name I pray for all my family and friends who struggle with faith, with believing in the unseen, and in a God. If my testimony brings others to Christ then I am doing what Jesus did and what God wants us to do. "Go and make disciples of ALL NATIONS..." That's what I want to do, but only if they are willing to listen and want to follow Jesus. If not, grant me patience, love, and respect for others with differing beliefs. You gave us free will and due to that we have other religions and even atheists. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen!









No comments:

Post a Comment