Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Day 7 of the Best of my Life: Can't Let a Day Go By



I'm not sure if it has been as nice as it has been here in Southwest Michigan for you reading this blog, but here it's November 4 and I find it hard to believe that is 75 and sunny outside! What a rarity to have temps 20 degrees above normal this late in the year! What a blessing to be able to enjoy such nice weather, though I actually have yet to enjoy it...I have a mind to this week before this nice weather leaves, don't worry.

Days like this make me really smile and thank God. Yet what about the gloomy days? No matter how the weather is, we should always be thankful. Typically, this time of year it's cloudy and even rainy, yet the sunshine prevails alone with the heat and it's a reminder that not all days will be this nice. However, that does not mean I will not be grateful. God knows what he is doing, even if we feel differently.

Think of the times you had an outdoor event and it rained, what a bummer-right?! What about times events had to be cancelled due to severe weather? No matter what bummer may befall, remember there was a reason. Perhaps those days it rained on your outdoor party you developed some great memories yet the farmers nearby needed the rain to provide food for you and others. That time an event was cancelled, your life was saved because that storm was so severe that your very life was in danger.

I have had both happen to me. My graduation party got rained out and that night, we had two tornadoes touchdown in my small town. No one was hurt, thankfully, but we had packed up early and despite that, great memories were still made, including an adventurous raccoon who stopped by for candy.


Then, I was at World Pulse Festival a few years ago and before the headliner, Newsboys, could perform, we had to cancel the event due to severe weather rolling through. That same storm had collapsed the stage at the Indiana State Fair in Indy killing a few people, and that same thing could have happened at WPF, another outdoor event with thousands of people.

So, with that in mind, be thankful for the day that you are given. Don't let a day go by where you do not praise God, even if it's for the weather. Rain or shine. Amen!!

No comments:

Post a Comment